SNA is pleased to announce the 2024 Election slate. The Leadership Development Committee (LDC) held the Selection Meeting last week to review candidates for positions on the SNA Board of Directors and LDC. After reviewing the biographical information on each candidate, as well as supporting documents such as the candidate’s goals and recommendations submitted by colleagues, the Committee selected a slate for the 2024 SNA Election.
The Election is scheduled to take place from February 15 to February 29, 2024. This is your chance to have a say in the future leadership of SNA, so mark your calendars and make your voice heard!
Board of Directors
- Lynelle Johnson, RD, SNS, North Dakota Department of Public Instruction, Bismarck, ND
- Ashley Powell, PhD, RDN, SNS, FAND, Auburn City Schools, Auburn, AL
- Chris Burkhardt, SNS, Cincinnati Public Schools, Cincinnati, OH
- Richard Browder, SNS, Brighton Area Schools, Brighton, MI
- Susan Maffe, MS, RD, SNS, Meriden Public Schools, Meriden, CT
- Gavin Northey, SNS, Alaska Department of Education and Early Development, Juneau, AK
- Eric Span, Sweetwater Union High School District, Chula Vista, CA
- Pamela Suyematsu, SNS, Ontario School District 008, Ontario, OR
- Alyssia Wright, Ed.S., Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA
Leadership Development Committee
Mid-Atlantic Regional Representative
- Shannon Ebron, Richmond City Public Schools, Richmond, VA
Midwest Regional Representative
- Stacy Koppen, MS, RD, SNS, Saint Paul Public Schools, Saint Paul, MN
- Jessica Shelly, MBA, SNS, Cincinnati Public Schools, Cincinnati, OH
Southeast Regional Representative
- Amber Anderson, Sullivan County School District, Blountville, TN
- Emily Hanlin, SNS, Cobb County School District, Kennesaw, GA
Western Regional Representative
- Anna Apoian, SNS, Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District, Norwalk, CA
- Debra Calhoun, MS, RD, SNS, Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, Olympia, WA
Biographies of candidates selected for the ballot will be available to view online in early January 2024. The election will be held February 15-29, 2024.
The elected candidates for the positions on the Board will be installed in July 2024 at SNA’s Annual National Conference. The elected candidates for positions on the LDC begin their terms on March 1, 2024, to coincide with the annual nominations and election calendar.
Congratulations and good luck to all the candidates!