School nutrition professionals have a direct impact on the health and well-being of children today. Not only do they have the opportunity to influence child nutrition daily through meal service, but they also have the opportunity to foster healthy eating habits that last a lifetime. This is a career path to help create a healthier generation and make a difference in the lives of children. Additional benefits to a career in school nutrition include competitive salaries, opportunities to advance professionally and a convenient work schedule.
- Job Descriptions and Qualifications
- School foodservice and nutrition is a great career for students majoring in hospitality management, culinary management and nutrition and dietetics.
- Join SNA as a Student Member! Benefits include access to the SNA’s award-winning magazine, School Nutrition, and current research; networking opportunities with current program operators; member-only SNA discounts; and the opportunity to learn from others within the field.
Career Growth Opportunities
- Professional Development Scholarships
- SNA Conference Scholarships
- Earn your Certificate in School Nutrition
- Earn your School Nutrition Specialist (SNS) Credential