Meet SNA President Lori Adkins
Do you know how much potential you have? No, seriously, you do! Everyone involved in the field of school nutrition has the potential to accomplish so much. After our June/July issue focused on many of the challenges that school nutrition professionals will be up against in the coming school year, we’re focusing this latest issue on acknowledging some of the ways we accomplish everything we aspire to.
From an interview with SNA’s new president to a look at our long-awaited first ANC in three years, plus stories about goal-setting and goal-achieving, we’re using the August/September issue of School Nutrition to celebrate the potential of each and every SNA member. Go ahead and get to reading—and feel empowered!
Log into your SNA account and scroll down to read this month's articles, view the digital issue or download a PDF of the magazine to print or share. Here's what's covered:
- Meet SNA President Lori Adkins. Although SNA’s new President, Lori Adkins, MS, CHE, SNS, is no stranger to SN magazine, we had the opportunity to catch up with her and get exclusive insight into her vision for leadership and the big plans she has for the Association in the year ahead.
- Gotta Have Goals. Any time is a good time to set goals, but especially during times of uncertainty or turmoil, having tangible targets is a great way to save yourself from losing sight of what’s important. Here’s how goal-setting methods such as SMART, BHAG, WOOP and the Golden Circle can be used effectively for outstanding results.
- Get Out of Your Own Way. What if the person stopping you from achieving your goals is…you? Unfortunately, this can be the case more often than we want to admit. But if you start recognizing these common mistakes, according to experts, you can refocus your efforts to avoid the disappointment of a derailed goal, whether personal or professional.
- A Perfect Pumpkin Primer. Carve out the perfect fall menu with this in-depth look at the popular vegetable that’s good for so much more than pie. Packed with nutrients and surprisingly versatile, pumpkin lends itself to both sweet and savory dishes at any meal of the day.
- From Campus to Cafeteria. A wildly ambitious weeklong cafeteria promotion brings a delicious "Taste of College" to high school students in one rural school district.
Become an Advertiser
Gain the Competitive Edge with School Nutrition Magazine
As the premier publication for the school nutrition profession, School Nutrition magazine is SNA members’ go-to resource for information, inspiration and innovative ideas on important issues, both in and out of the cafeteria. By advertising, you’ll not only promote your products and services to this important market segment via a reputable national magazine, you’ll also be part of the movement to provide healthy meals to America’s students.