About the Nutrition & Research Committee
What is the Nutrition & Research Committee?
The Nutrition & Research Committee supports SNA’s mission and vision by evaluating, interpreting and formulating recommendations related to initiatives and standards for school nutrition programs. In addition, the committee is responsible for identifying research opportunities, disseminating information on research activities, supporting the Journal of Child Nutrition & Management and promoting research activities and professional development among members.
What are the Committee Responsibilities?
- Identify, evaluate and interpret nutrition and operational trends and developments impacting school nutrition programs in order to:
- Inform and support advocacy positions for Public Policy & Legislative Committee.
- Work with Public Policy & Legislative Committee in preparing official responses to USDA/FDA nutrition-related rules and regulations and submits to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Articulate and translate evidence-based findings about school nutrition and related issues to SNA and practitioners.
- Recommend applied research and nutrition topics needed to support school nutrition programs for which the School Nutrition Foundation can seek funding.
- Assist in identifying appropriate nutrition and research related webinars and conference sessions for SNA to host in the coming year.
- Assist with nutrition and research-related grants being drafted by the School Nutrition Foundation by conceptualizing and drafting content and reviewing final documents.
- Advise and promote the Journal of Child Nutrition & Management.
- Identifies opportunities to advance careers in school nutrition on college campuses.
- Advise on relevant resources to include on SNA’s website.
- Advise and assist the College Section Chair on SN Showcase and College Section meeting at SNA’s Annual National Conference.