About the Public Policy & Legislation Committee
What is the Public Policy & Legislation Committee?
The Public Policy & Legislation Committee (PPL) supports SNA’s mission and vision by recommending and advocating Child Nutrition program public policy positions for the Association, responding to regulatory and legislative initiatives, informing SNA members about policy issues and activating the Association’s grassroots network.
What are the Committee Responsibilities?
- Evaluates, interprets, recommends and responds to federal legislation and regulations.
- Prepares and disseminates policy, legislative and regulatory information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Implements Association’s multi-year Legislative Action Plan.
- Ensures membership is informed on current legislation, with the help of the headquarters liaison.
- Develops legislative policy and positions for approval of the Board.
- Assists state affiliates in the development of legislative strategies and plans of action.
- Reports state legislative concerns and activities.
- Assists in planning the Legislative Action Conference program.
- Prepares and presents appropriate education and information sessions at SNA’s major annual conferences.