Welcome to School Nutrition Foundation’s LEAD to Succeed™ initiative, a training program designed specifically for school nutrition professionals. Working with professors from Georgetown University McDonough School of Business, SNF has developed these trainings specifically to address the professional and workforce development needs of school nutrition professionals in the areas of Personnel Management and Communication, Marketing and Customer Service.
Developed with a $2 million grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food & Nutrition Service, the LEAD to Succeed™ trainings utilize a variety of instructional formats, including webinars, video, case-studies, and self-paced online modules that can be completed at your own pace. We have also developed in-person training tools to help bring the modules to life in a group setting like district in-service days and state conferences.
Check out these incredible professional development tools curated specifically for school nutrition professionals to address Management and Communication, and Marketing and Customer Service skills. These LEAD trainings are available to all and no cost.
Meet the Trainers
You can now request LEAD to Succeed™ training for in-person or virtual state agency and/or state affiliate meetings! SNF will pair you with one of our talented trainers to offer one-, two-, three- and four-hour sessions at your next meeting. Meet our Cadre of Trainers here!
Partners include Georgetown University McDonough School of Business, Institute of Child Nutrition, Kansas State Department of Education, Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, National Dairy Council and the School Nutrition Association.
Project Summary and Goals
With the four-year USDA-FNS grant (May 20, 2019, to September 30, 2023), SNF is developing a high- quality communication and leadership training program for school nutrition professionals, including directors, managers, and frontline staff.
The proposed curriculum includes two series:
- a 12-hour Communication for Impact Series
- a 9-hour Leadership Growth Series
The Goals and Grant Objectives are:
- Directors, managers, and staff in school nutrition programs from targeted school districts will improve communication, marketing and customer service skills by participating in the Communication for Impact series.
- Directors and managers in school nutrition programs will improve personnel management skills by participating in the Leadership Growth series focusing on leadership, team building, and conflict management skills and practices needed to effectively lead and manage a team.
- Engage subject matter experts and school nutrition professionals (SNPs) in designing, pilot testing and evaluating training program components.
- A cadre of trainers will improve the knowledge and skills to provide effective staff training at state conferences around the country by participating in Train the Trainer sessions.
- Directors and managers will improve the knowledge and skills to provide effective staff training by participating in Introduction & Principles of Adult Learning
- Connect SNPs in small and/or rural school districts via the TIPS TO SUCCEED: School Meals in Small Rural Districts, where they can share ideas, challenges, and successes and apply knowledge learned to their unique needs.
Today is #GivingTuesday! Both the School Nutrition Association (SNA) and the School Nutrition Foundation (SNF) are inviting you to participate…
Contact: Diane Pratt-Heavner, 703-576-7526, firstname.lastname@example.org ARLINGTON, VA – The School Nutrition Foundation (SNF), the charitable arm of the non-profit School Nutrition Association…