Join SNA and schools across the country in celebrating School Lunch Hero Day on May 5. This special day is dedicated to recognizing the hard work and dedication of school nutrition professionals! These unsung heroes (that’s YOU!) work tirelessly to provide nutritious and delicious meals to students every day.
Planning a great School Lunch Hero Day celebration has never been easier, thanks to the many resources available. Both SNA and School Lunch Hero Day originator Jarrett J. Krosoczka offer a variety of fun and engaging activities, logos and artwork, marketing tools, and festive ideas to make your celebration a party worthy of your heroes.
- Wondering how to celebrate? If you’re looking for ideas on how to throw the perfect School Lunch Hero Day shindig, SNA has you covered! We’ve gathered some tips and suggestions to help make the day even more special.
- Get your students involved! Have students join the cheer with fun printable activities such as coloring pages, greeting cards (available in both English and Spanish), DIY apron gift instructions and more! These activities not only provide a fun way for students to celebrate their school lunch heroes, but they also help to raise awareness of the important work that these professionals do every day.
- Download the official #SLHD23 logos and artwork. These resources can be used on posters, banners, and other materials to help spread the word about your celebration.
- Visit the SNA Shop! Check out our line of official #SLHD23 merchandise, including aprons, T-shirts, balloons, stickers, pins and more. Don’t forget to order early to ensure on-time delivery!
- Don’t forget our Marketing & PR resources. Check out the official proclamation and customizable press release to help spread the word about your event to local media outlets. This is a great way to generate buzz and get more students, parents and faculty involved in festivities.
By taking advantage of the many resources available through SNA, you can plan a joyful and engaging celebration that shows your appreciation for these real-life heroes. Whether you choose to use our printable activities, official logos and artwork, marketing tools, or come up with your own ideas, your School Lunch Hero Day is sure to be a hit! Don’t forget to tag us by using #SLHD23 and show us how your celebration went.