About the State Agency Advisory Council
What is the State Agency Advisory Council?
The State Agency Advisory Council supports SNA’s mission and vision by providing expert knowledge on the inner workings of school nutrition programs at the state level. The Council provides guidance and insight into how to manage and implement the federal child nutrition programs at the state level and interprets federal and state policies operating in all states and territories.
What are the Council Responsibilities?
- Shares viewpoints on federal child nutrition program issues and positions.
- Identifies and highlights regulatory areas of importance in a timely manner.
- Assist in developing pre-conference, State Agency and USDA sessions at SNA conferences.
- Serves as a liaison between SNA and states and territories in their region.
- Assist in development of a state agency newsletter.