FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact: Diane Pratt-Heavner
SNA to Introduce New Board Members at ANC
ARLINGTON, VA – On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at School Nutrition Association’s (SNA) Annual National Conference (ANC) in St. Louis, the Association will welcome several newly elected members to the Board of Directors. These individuals will serve under the leadership of Gay Anderson, SNS , who is filling the 2019-20 SNA President vacancy following a vote by the Delegate Assembly.
Reginald Ross, SNS, State Agency Operations Consultant for Child Nutrition Services at North Carolina’s Department of Public Instruction, will serve on the Board as SNA President-elect until his term as SNA President begins in July 2020. Beth Wallace, MBA, SNS, Executive Director of Food and Nutrition Services for Jefferson County Public Schools in Colorado, will serve as SNA Vice President, succeeding Ross next year.
The following six individuals are also newly elected to the Board:
- At Large Director: Shannon Gleave, RDN, SNS, Director of Food & Nutrition, Glendale Elementary School, AZ
- At Large Director: Chris Derico, SNS, Child Nutrition Director, Lewis County Schools, WV
- Northeast Regional Director: Warren DeShields, Director of Food Services, Bridgeton Public Schools, NJ
- Northwest Regional Director: Lynne Shore, Nutrition Services Director, Willamina School District 30J, OR
- School Nutrition Employee/Manager Representative: Shannon Nowak, Manager, Davies High School, ND
- School Nutrition Foundation Representative: Julia Bauscher, Director of School and Community Nutrition Services, Jefferson County Public Schools, KY
SNA’s new Board members will join the following individuals, who will continue to serve their current terms:
- Secretary/Treasurer: Jill Kidd, MS, RD, SNS, Child Nutrition Director, Pueblo City Schools, CO
- At-Large Director: Stephanie Dillard, SNS, Child Nutrition Director, Geneva County Schools, AL
- Mideast Regional Director: Tamara Earl, SNS, Supervisor, Mason City Schools, OH
- Southeast Regional Director: Vanessa Hayes, SNS, School Nutrition Director, Tift County Board of Education, GA
- Midwest Regional Director: Sandi Kramer, SNS. Child Nutrition Director, Yankton School District, SD
- Southwest Regional Director, Monica Deines-Henderson, SNS, Director of Nutrition Services, Falcon School District 49, CO
- West Regional Director: Patti Bilbrey, Director of Nutrition Services, Scottsdale Unified School District, AZ
SNA’s Chief Executive Officer, Patricia Montague, CAE, joins these elected leaders in serving on SNA’s Board, representing the Association’s 58,000 members nationwide.
About the School Nutrition Association:
The School Nutrition Association (SNA) is a national, non-profit professional organization representing more than 58,000 school nutrition professionals across the country. Founded in 1946, SNA and its members are dedicated to making healthy school meals and nutrition education available to all students. For more information about ANC, visit www.schoolnutrition.org/anc