Part of SNA’s Back-to-School Webinar Series
This final rule is providing schools and their industry partners with the certainty they need for the upcoming school years, while FNS works collaboratively on permanent standards that will build on the progress that has been made over the past decade. The transitional standards established for milk, whole grains, and sodium are practical standards that continue to promote nutrition while reflecting the current realities and challenges schools are facing.
This is a free webinar open to SNA members and non-members.
- Identify Team Nutrition materials and other resources that support Program operators with the transitional standards for milk, whole grains, and sodium.
- Analyze scope and goals of current transitional and permanent rulemaking efforts for milk, whole grains, and sodium to further align meal patterns with goals of the Dietary Guidelines.
- Explore menu planning options that will meet the transitional standards for SY 22-23 and SY 23-24.
- SNA CEUs: 1.0
- Key Area 1000: Nutrition
- Key Topic 1100: Menu Planning
- Sub Topic 1110: USDA Nutrition Requirements
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
- Activity Number: 170496
- Suggested Performance Indicators
- 4.1.1 Demonstrates effective problem solving and professional judgment to address needs.
- 4.2.5 Analyzes and synthesizes information and identifies new information, patterns and findings.
- Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8110: School foodservice
- CPEUs: 1.00
- CPE Level: 2,3
- SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
- Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation of the quality of this webinar directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: QualityCPE@eatright.org