Summer is busy but it is also one of the best opportunities to explore new ideas! Join us during National Dairy Month and learn about dairy’s journey from farm to school, the nutritional benefits of dairy in children’s diets & most importantly how to ADD or UPDATE your district’s smoothie and parfait programs. Multiple recipes, batch cooking techniques, marketing tools & more will be shared!
- Illustrate dairy’s journey from farm to school.
- Describe the benefits of dairy in children’s diets and the important role of school meals in helping children come closer to meeting the dietary recommendations and addressing food and nutrition security.
- Utilize recipes, marketing tools and resources provided in the presentation to elevate your school menus and drive participation.
- SNA CEUs: 1.0
- Key Area 1000: Nutrition
- Key Topic 1100: Menu Planning
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
- Activity Number: 164064
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 13.2.2 Evaluates and incorporates individual and target group needs and requirements in order to develop menu items.
- 13.2.3 Incorporates principles of food science and preparation in recipe development.
- 8.1.2 Applies knowledge of food and nutrition as well as the biological, physical and social sciences in practice.
Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation of the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact:email@example.com
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.
Speakers include Chef Sharon Schaefer the Executive Director of Evolution of the Lunch Lady and Director of Nutrition Services in Gretna Public Schools, NE – as well as Nebraska dairy farmer Mary Temme and registered dietitian & dairy nutrition expert LaChell Miller.