Potatoes USA’s Culinary Director, RJ Harvey teams up with School Meals That Rock’s Dayle Hayes to showcase on-trend, student-friendly menu innovations, solutions to help ease labor strains and ways to maximize USDA Foods – all featuring potatoes.
- Describe how potatoes can help reduce labor needs in the back of the house.
- Discuss how to utilize potato products in unexpected ways across the menu.
- List three new ways to customize potato menu items to fit their operational needs.
- List two potato nutrition myths and how to share accurate facts.
- Identify the nutrition benefits and attributes of potatoes and how they benefit students.
- SNA CEUs: 1.0
- Key Area 1000: Nutrition
- Key Topic 1100: Menu Planning
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
- Activity Number: 169489
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 13.2.2 Evaluates and incorporates individual and target group needs and requirements in the development of menu items.
- 13.2.5 Participates in ongoing evaluation of menu items, quality of products, costs, nutritional values and client needs.
Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation of the quality of this webinar directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: QualityCPE@eatright.org