This presentation prepares participants to virtually meet with Members of Congress and their staff. The webinar informs participants about how to research their legislators before visits; identify and map their “economic footprints” to demonstrate their organizations’ impact in their communities; and create their own personal stories connecting their issue areas to public policy.
- Effectively communicate with Members of Congress and their staff on topics that matter to your school nutrition program.
- Productively research legislators prior to meeting with them.
- Create a personal story, connecting issue areas to public policy.
- SNA CEUs: 1.0
- Key Area 4100: Communications & Marketing
- Key Topic 4100: Communications & Marketing
- Key Subtopic: 4120: Program Promotion
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
- Activity Number: 160808
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 3.2.1 Advocates for, and participates in, activities that support advancement of the profession.
- 3.2.6 Communicates with policymakers to influence decisions that impact advancement of the profession.
- 3.2.7 Contributes to the development and revision of government policies.
Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation of the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.