Join members of SNA’s Chef Task Force as they demonstrate, via video, three critical culinary skills in three short training modules. Each module will take about 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion of all three modules and taking the final quiz, participants will earn one certificate for 1 CEU/CPEU.
Knife Skills for Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Explain four knife safety tips provided by Chef Brenda.
- Define mise en place and why it is an important part of knife skills.
- Describe the three types of dicing reviewed in the video.
Understanding Weights and Measures
- Identify the difference between weight and volume measuring.
- Describe the importance of accurately measuring ingredients.
- Calculate the amount of servings in a container by measuring the weight.
Calibrating and Using Thermometers
- Identify different kitchen thermometers and their appropriate uses.
- Describe the importance of maintaining and calibrating kitchen thermometers.
- Explain the different thermometer calibration methods.
Successful completion of the module and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU, or 1 CPEU for RDs/DTRs.
- SNA CEUs: 1.00
- Key Area 2000: Operations
- Key Topic 2100: Food Production
- Subtopic 2130: Develop culinary skills necessary for school meal preparation.
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
- Activity Number: 149682
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 8.4.3: Uses a variety of cooking techniques, food preparation and production and delivery systems.
Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8060: Culinary skills and techniques
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1, 2
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this training directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: email@example.com
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.