SNA and FRAC have partnered together to bring you a webinar focused on community eligibility. It’s that time of year for school districts interested in the Community Eligibility Provision, a federal option that allows high poverty schools to offer free breakfast and lunch to all students, to start conversations with district administrators about implementation for the 2019-2020 school year. Community eligibility reduces administrative burdens by eliminating the school meal application and increases participation because all students eat at no cost, making it a win-win for school districts and students alike.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU, or 1 CPEU for RDNs/NDTRs.
- Know the basics of how Title I funding and community eligibility interact.
- Know tips and best practices for evaluating the financial viability of community eligibility.
- Know best practices for communicating with key stakeholders in the school to gain buy-in for community eligibility implementation.
- CEUs: 1.00
- Key Area 3: Administration
- Key Topic 3100: Free & Reduced-Price Meal Benefits
- Sub-topic 3130:Understand and Apply Community Eligibility (CE)
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
CPEUs can no longer be credited due to the age of the course. For more information, refer to Section 175 of the Continuing Professional Education Provider Accreditation Program Handbook.
SNA CEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.
Child Nutrition Policy Analyst
Food Research & Action Center
Lauren Couchois, RD, SNS
Director, Food & Nutrition Services
The School District of Lee County
Management and Program Analyst