Community Eligibility adoption season is upon us! As the September 30th adoption deadline for the 2021-2022 school year approaches, community eligibility provides a unique opportunity to offer free meals to all students in high-poverty schools. The dramatic increase in need and in SNAP participation driven by the pandemic will help to make community eligibility financially viable for more school districts and schools. Even as many schools operate their nutrition programs under the summer waivers, adopting CEP for the 2021-2022 school year will allow schools to lock in higher Identified Student Percentages for four years to serve as many meals free of charge as possible beyond the pandemic. Join us as we discuss helpful tools and tips for implementing community eligibility and making it work financially for your school nutrition operations.
- Outline the importance of adopting community eligibility despite waivers.
- Discover tools and best practices to optimize financial viability.
- Summarize from a school nutrition professional about how they make community eligibility work for their district.
- SNA CEUs: 1.0
- Key Area 3000: Administration
- Key Topic 3100: Free & Reduced Price Meal Benefits
- Subtopic 3130: Understand and Apply Community Eligibility (CE)
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
- Activity Number: 165214
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 13.3.5 Identifies opportunities to maintain and increase revenue, and to avoid/limit losses.
- 13.3.7 Demonstrates understanding of payment and reimbursement models, and their financial impact.
Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 2, 3
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.