Bringing Nutritious, Affordable, and Delicious School Meals to Life while Managing Common Allergens
In this session, attendees will be inspired by creative ideas from a school chef to meet the needs of today’s savvy students. A nutrition scientist and research director will review important nutrition considerations for menu planning and product selection considering the current supply chain challenges. And a registered dietitian nutritionist will provide best practices for managing common allergens in school meals.
- Apply basic information about food allergen management in schools to help reduce the risk of food allergy reactions and where they can learn more about this subject.
- Use common ingredients in new ways increasing their culinary flexibility as one way to help offset supply chain issues.
- Utilize knowledge gained to consider the impact of nutrition, cost, and culinary versatility when making menu choices.
- SNA CEUs: 1.00
- Key Area 1: Nutrition
- Key Topic 1100: Menu Planning
- Subtopic 1160: Special Diets, Including Food Allergies
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
- Activity Number: 165601
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 8.1.1 Interprets and applies evidence-based literature and standards for determining nutritional needs of target audiences.
- 8.1.3 Evaluates the chemical nature and composition of food on food quality, acceptability, and compatibility to inform product development, menu planning and food preparation techniques.
Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation of the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact:QualityCPE@eatright.org.
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.