From community bans of plastic straws to the perennial debate over disposable trays, school nutrition teams can expect continued pressure from different stakeholders regarding a whole host of environmental issues. But labor shortages, health department regulations and conflicting advocacy positions can complicate well-intended goals and mandates. As presented at #SNIC19, join this panel discussion about sustainable practices from across the country and learn what’s ahead for school nutrition.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU, or 1 CPEU for RDNs/NDTRs.
- Name three environmental concerns surrounding food waste.
- Identify three environmental concerns surrounding disposables.
- Describe five resolutions to reduce food and disposable waste.
- SNA CEUs: 1.0
- Key Area 3: Administration
- Key Topic 3200: Program Management
- Subtopic 3250: Water, energy & waste
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
- Activity Number: 148105
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 12.4.2 Collaborates with community partners to implement programs based on the assessed needs, values, beliefs, limitations and strengths of the population.
- 12.4.3 Utilizes appropriate behavioral change theories, social marketing, behavior economics and communication strategies in the delivery of nutrition programs.
Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level:1 & 2
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.