Everyone knows that school nutrition success hinges on integration throughout the school community. But there can be a wide gap between knowing this and making it happen! Austin ISD, our “host” school district, offers a terrific model for leveraging relationships with teachers and administrators to develop a wide variety of engagement activities. From classroom demos to student chef competitions, kids regularly get a “taste” of school nutrition far beyond the cafeteria walls. As presented at #SNIC19, come let Austin’s innovations serve as your inspiration.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU.
- Identify at least 3 ways to promote your program to students, staff, parents and the community.
- Determine how to become a part of the educational experience for the students in your district.
- Influence media exposure and participation.
- SNA CEUs: 1.00
- Key Area 4: Communications & Marketing
- Key Topic 4100: Communications & Marketing
- Subtopic 4110: Strategic & Marketing Plans
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
CPEUs can no longer be credited due to the age of the course. For more information, refer to Section 175 of the Continuing Professional Education Provider Accreditation Program Handbook.
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SNA CEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.
Ryan Cengel, MS, MA, RD, LDN, CPT, SNS
Austin ISD Dietitian