Legislators, parents, school administrators and media alike all have preconceptions about school meal programs – and too often they are based on foggy memories of what they ate for school lunch decades ago. As presented at #LAC19, this webinar will help you figure out how to move the needle, take advantage of all the communications tools at your disposal and change perceptions of school meals.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU, or 1 CPEU for RDNs/NDTRs.
- Identify at least two ways to utilize cafeteria events to educate key stakeholders on the benefits of your program.
- Maximize your use of menus, your program web page and school district communication channels to boost participation in your program and inform the public about healthy school meals.
- Describe where to locate SNA PR and advocacy tools to help promote school meal programs.
- CEUs: 1.0
- Key Area 4000: Communications and Marketing
- Key Topic 4100: Communications and Marketing
- Subtopic 4150: Community Marketing
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
CPEUs can no longer be credited due to the age of the course. For more information, refer to Section 175 of the Continuing Professional Education Provider Accreditation Program Handbook.
SNA CEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.
Director of Media Relations
School Nutrition Association
Elizabeth Cowles Johnston
CJ Public Relations Inc
Founder & Principal
DSM Strategic Communications