Join SNA and the Congressional Management Foundation (CMF) to hone messaging strategies and prepare you for a successful 2021 Legislative Action Conference (LAC) and advocacy filled year! This presentation will explain how the best citizen advocates research their Members of Congress; use their Members’ profiles to adjust their communications; and connect the dots between SNA’s 2021 Position Paper and your Congressional representatives influence. In these fast-changing times, effective advocacy is more critical than ever as we work to ensure sustainability and success for school nutrition programs.
- Help people understand why it is important to build relationships with lawmakers.
- Identify effective strategies for doing so.
- Provide tips for how to conduct a virtual meeting.
- SNA CEUs: 1.0
- Key Area 4100: Communications & Marketing
- Key Topic 4120: Program Promotion
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
- Activity Number: 160586
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 3.2.1 Advocates for, and participates in, activities that support advancement of the profession.
- 3.2.6 Communicates with policymakers to influence decisions that impact advancement of the profession.
- 3.2.7 Contributes to the development and revision of government policies
Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation of the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.