A Guide to Reopen Schools: Best Practices in Food Safety and COVID-19 Prevention
In this session, CDC and USDA speakers provide an overview of best practices for COVID-19 mitigation and school-reopening. USDA representatives will provide an overview of the USDA’s most recent waivers and discuss food safety best practices for all service models for back to school planning. Finally, a CDC representative will provide an overview of current COVID-19 safety guidance in school food service and serving meals in schools. Speakers will share and discuss materials containing actionable information on best practices for COVID-19 prevention and re-opening schools.
- Describe current CDC-recommended COVID-19 prevention strategies in K-12 schools
- Describe and apply current CDC best practices for serving school meals safely
- Plan food safety practices for back-to-school service models
- Utilize current USDA school foodservice waivers
- Apply lessons learned from the CDC Foundation’s evaluation to improve and sustain COVID-19 prevention strategies
- SNA CEUs: 1.0
- Key Area 2: Operations
- Key Topic 2600: Food Safety & HACCP
- Sub Topic 2620: Food Safety
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
- Activity Number: 163504
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 4.1.1 Demonstrates effective problem solving and professional judgment to address a need.
- 4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
- 7.1.1 Advocates for, interprets and adheres to workplace safety legislation, regulations and organization policies.
- 7.1.3 Investigates and analyzes work environment to identify safety issues and risks to self, staff, customers, public and organization.
Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1, 2
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation of the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: email@example.com
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.