About the Award
This award recognizes the outstanding contributions of industry members who demonstrate exemplary support to SNA, SNA members, and their professional communities nationwide. Each year, one industry member is selected to receive this prestigious award. The recipient must be employed by a Corporate Member Company of SNA. The first annual Individual Industry Member of the Year Award was presented in 2003.
The nominee must be a current SNA Industry Member and have been an active member in SNA at the national level and the state level for the past five (5) consecutive years. Current SNA Industry Advisory Council Chair is not eligible.
Who May Nominate
Nominations may only be submitted by the Current Board of Directors, SNA Past Presidents, chairs of the SNA Standing Committees, State Leaders (as of 2022) and Past Industry Award recipients. Nominators may submit only one nomination each year. An acknowledgement of the nomination, a Personal Data Application and questionnaire will be forwarded to the nominee.
The five (5) Immediate Past National Presidents of SNA and the SNA Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will select the awardee. In the event one or more of the five Immediate Past National Presidents of the SNA is unable to serve as a judge; the next most recent Past National President shall be appointed in his/her place.
The following areas will be considered:
- Length of SNA Membership
- Work experience while employed by Industry
- Service to SNA at the National Level, including Board and/or Committee Work and promotion of SNA membership, meetings, and initiatives
- Attendance at, and participation in, SNA National Conferences and Meetings, including conference planning and conference involve involvement beyond exhibiting (i.e., culinary demonstrations, speaking, moderating or facilitating sessions)
- Actions that help promote school nutrition
- Involvement with other groups who promote School Nutrition Programs
- Awards and/or recognition of support to child nutrition and hunger advocacy
- Attendance at and participation in State Affiliate(s) Conferences
March 1, 2024
W. Mike Burke