School Nutrition: Why Belonging Matters
he concepts of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) have been driving conversations across society. In its latest issue, School Nutrition magazine focuses on why feeling like you belong is so important, as well as how you can make those around you—whether employees, coworkers, students or friends—feel like they belong, too.
Log into your SNA account and scroll down to read this month's articles, view the digital issue or download a PDF of the magazine to print or share.
In This Issue
- Our Longing for Belonging. Up to 40% of employees report feeling isolated at work. Why does a sense of belonging matter in the workplace? SNA Staff Vice President of Communications & Marketing Danielle Durán Baron, CAE—a Latina and immigrant—examines this question through the lens of her personal journey.
- Unmasking Microaggressions. Sometimes subtle, often unintentional, but always a big deal, microaggressions reveal biases and cause harm. What are microaggressions, and how may you be inadvertently offending?
- Just the Way You Are Improve your understanding of gender identity and gender expression to create a school environment that is a welcoming space for all students.
- Recipes 101. Learn all about understanding and complying with standardized recipes, as well as tips for writing your own.
- Taco ‘Bout Tortillas! Flour or corn? Crispy or soft? Chips or wrap? When it comes to tortillas, there are strong opinions out there.
Become an Advertiser
Gain the Competitive Edge with School Nutrition Magazine
As the premier publication for the school nutrition profession, School Nutrition magazine is SNA members’ go-to resource for information, inspiration and innovative ideas on important issues, both in and out of the cafeteria. By advertising, you’ll not only promote your products and services to this important market segment via a reputable national magazine, you’ll also be part of the movement to provide healthy meals to America’s students.