School Nutrition Kicks Off a New School Year!
Focus on the future of the School Nutrition Association with the help of the August 2021 issue of School Nutrition magazine. From an introduction of the 2021-22 Association President, Beth Wallace, MBA, SNS, to a thorough look at the 2021-24 SNA Strategic Plan, along with ways to improve your program’s future through smart customer service, SN is here to propel you into a new school year.
Log into your SNA account and scroll down to read this month's articles, view the digital issue or download a PDF of the magazine to print or share.
In This Issue
- Taking Care of Business. The Association welcomes its new leader, Beth Wallace, MBA, SNS, who was installed at July’s virtual Annual National Conference. Wallace has the right background, mindset and outlook to lead SNA through uncertain and unsettled times.
- Introducing the 2021-24 Strategic Plan. Speaking of Association leadership, SNA has introduced its 2021-24 Strategic Plan. The Association has identified four key areas of focus and defined measures of success. Dive into the details and learn about the thoughtful process of producing this future-forward blueprint for action.
- Tsunami Warning. Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the “normal” waters of a new school year, another set of unprecedented challenges is emerging. Barry Sackin, SNS, leads you through what you can expect for SY2021-22 for labor, the supply chain, inventory and other hurdles.
- How SMART Is Your Team About Customer Service? You and your cafeteria team have a great customer service mindset—but are you being SMART about it? Della Collins, SNS, shares how to create and implement SMART (Satisfying, Memorable, Attentive, Responsive and Thoughtful) customer service goals.
- All About the Ask. Student loyalty hangs on customer research. How effective are your customer surveys and feedback tools? Learn from Sharon Olson of Y-Pulse, a market research organization, how to create the most effective surveys possible.
- One in a Melon. How much do you know about watermelon, the definitive sweet summertime fruit? You’ll probably be surprised!
- Practice Positive Self-Talk. Too often, we’re kind to others and cruel to ourselves. Transform your inner critic into an inner coach with advice from SNA Staff Vice President of Membership and Professional Development Jen Lewi, CAE.
Get Access to School Nutrition
If you're an SNA member, sign in now to read the articles. If you are not a member, join to get access to all of the great content in School Nutrition!
Become an Advertiser
Gain the Competitive Edge with School Nutrition Magazine
As the premier publication for the school nutrition profession, School Nutrition magazine is SNA members’ go-to resource for information, inspiration and innovative ideas on important issues, both in and out of the cafeteria. By advertising, you’ll not only promote your products and services to this important market segment via a reputable national magazine, you’ll also be part of the movement to provide healthy meals to America’s students.