National School Lunch Week (October 15-19 2012) is right around the corner. It’s time to start cooking up celebration ideas! SNA has the tools to help you get started:
1. Online ToolsWhether you’re looking for logos, PR tips, fun ideas for your cafeteria, creative recipes, or tools to reach parents, you’ll find everything you need at www.schoolnutrition.org/cooking. Be sure to check out the Toolkit for ideas and tips to make your NSLW a success.
2. School-made RecipesGet inspired by learning what other districts are cooking up. NSLW 2012 will feature many healthy, school-made recipes submitted by SNA members nationwide. Many of the recipes are chef-inspired and student favorites.
3. National Take Your Parents to Lunch DayAs part of NSLW, SNA has teamed up with KIWI Magazine for National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day. On Wednesday October 17 (or a day of your choosing) we hope you will host a “National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day” and spread the word to parents that healthy and tasty options are being served in your cafeteria every day. Visit KIWI’s website http://myhealthyschool.com to see resources for both schools and parents.
4. Enter to Win StickersTell us what you’re doing to celebrate “School Lunch – What’s Cooking?” in our participation sweepstakes and you will automatically be entered to win stickers for your students and yourself! Visit www.schoolnutrition.org/nslw for more details and to enter.
5. “What’s Cooking?” MerchandiseWhether you’re looking for balloons, posters, aprons, or student giveaways, the SNA Emporium is the only place for official “School Lunch – What’s Cooking?” merchandise. Take a look today at some of the products available to add fun and excitement to your NSLW celebration: http://emporium.schoolnutrition.org.
Get cooking with these online tools today to make your NSLW a success.
© 2000 - 2014 School Nutrition Association, All Rights Reserved