NSBW - Design Contest
The 2012 NSBW t-shirt contest winners have been announced! Check out the winning designs here.
School Breakfast T-shirt Contest
This year students will have the opportunity to create their own school breakfast t-shirt design highlighting the benefits of eating a healthy breakfast.
One national winner will have their design recreated as t-shirt which will be sold in the Emporium and two runners-up will receive a prize pack.
The local contests will run January 1, 2012 to March 9, 2012, and national entries are due March 31, 2012.
- The School Breakfast T-Shirt Contest has local and national rounds of competition. All entries by students must be made to a local competition (to be organized by and held in schools). Please note that the only way to enter this contest is through a participating school, you cannot enter the national contest directly.
- Students (from grades 1-12) should create the School Breakfast T-Shirt Design on the official contest entry form using a traditional drawing or sketch.
- Entries must be original, not plagiarized and not evocative of any existing commercial characters so as not to infringe any copyrights or trademarks.
- Students are limited to a three word slogan on the design, although text is not required on the design.
- The School Nutrition Association (SNA) is encouraging schools across the nation to hold local School Breakfast T-Shirt Contests. School Nutrition Professionals or other participating school officials can enter 3 overall winners per participating school to the national contest. Please note that students cannot enter the national contest directly, they must be nominated by a School Nutrition Professional or school official.
- To judge the national contest, a panel of judges will select one overall winner and two runners-up, based on pre-established criteria which will be published as part of the official contest rules.
- One national winner will have their design recreated on a t-shirt to be sold in the Emporium and will receive a prize pack. The winning entry is subject to modification by SNA including but not limited to overall design and slogan used.
- Two runners-up will receive a prize pack.
- Local school contests can run from January 1, 2012 to March 9, 2012 and national entries are due March 31, 2012.
Student Entry Form (pdf)
National Entry Form (Nutrition or School Official Use Only) (pdf)
Official Rules (pdf)
Local School Contest Certificate Template (ppt)