- Look over the requirements for each Level and Trainer Certification, determine your qualifications, and in a short time you can become certified.
Level CertificationTrainer CertificationNew Certification Guide (Entire Guide)
- Determine if you have met the Academic Experience and Requirements for the level or Trainer Certification you which to apply. NOTE: Beginning July 1, 2012, individuals applying for Level 1 Initial Certification will be required to submit a copy of their High School Diploma/GED along with their Core Course documentation, application form and payment.
- Gather copies of all your documents using the checklist for the Level you are applying for.
- Complete and submit the application form along with fee to the address listed on the form. (Please allow 4-6 weeks for your certification application to be processed.)
- Upon approval of your application, SNA will send you your Certification Verification Letter.
NOTE: Individuals are certified for a one-year period. To keep your certification current you must obtain CEUs within your certification period and pay your renewal fee yearly.
BUNDLING COURSES TO MEET KEY AREA HOUR REQUIREMENTS
Individuals are able to bundle courses from the same Key Area to meet the necessary 2-hour minimum when provided at the same event or location.
- SNA offers courses at the national conference; a 1 hour course in marketing at 9:00 am and a different marketing course at 1:00 pm. Same KEY Area, two different sessions = 2 KEY Hours.
- Individuals can bundle two NFSMI courses that offer one hour (each) in a specific Key Area.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- If your application is incomplete, you will receive a letter listing the documents you need to submit in order to become certified.
- You must submit the requested documents within 30 calendar days of receipt of notice.
- If your documents are received after 30 calendar days, you will have to re-submit the entire application and pay the initial certification fee again.