The SNS credential is valid for three years and is renewable for additional three-year periods.
- There is an annual maintenance fee that is assessed to maintain the SNS credential. The renewal notices are mailed 3 months prior to the expiration date. To renew, SNS professionals must complete the renewal form, pay the renewal fee. If audited, it will be necessary to also submit documentation of 45 CEUs during the 3-year credentialing period.
- SNS professionals are responsible for maintaining their own CEU records.
- CEUs are earned for participating in job related activities such as state and national conferences, workshops, online courses, webinars, School Nutrition magazine Professional Development Articles (PDAs) or in-service trainings that provide ongoing professional development. Note that exhibits, tours, food shows and tradeshows qualify for 1 CEU only.
- The following is a list of acceptable forms of documentation:
- Certificates of Completion
- Copies of Rosters
- College/University Transcripts
- Program Books/Brochures
- Registration Confirmation Letters
- Program Agendas
- Payment Receipts
- MySNA Transcript listing SNA-sponsored activities such as SNA pre-conference and education sessions for: ANC, LAC, CNIC, NLC, SNA Webinars, and School Nutrition magazine PDAs
Ways to Earn CEUs Online