The Kathleen Stitt Award is presented to a graduate student or faculty member participating in The Child Nutrition Showcase at School Nutrition Association’s Annual National Conference (ANC). This award is used to help defray travel expenses incurred to attend ANC.
The 2008 Kathleen Stitt Award went to Emily Bucholz for her Child Nutrition Showcase presentation “Arts-Based Nutrition Education Program for Elementary School Children.” Ms. Bucholz is pursuing a Master of Public Health degree at Yale University.
Award Selection Criteria
- Open to graduate student(s) enrolled full-time in a M.S. or Ph.D. program at an accredited college or university or to faculty member(s) employed at an accredited college or university. Proof of student status must accompany application
- Preference will be given to School Nutrition Association members, however applicants do not have to be members of School Nutrition Association
- Applicant must be accepted to participate in The Child Nutrition Showcase at School Nutrition Association’s Annual National Conference
- Applicant must submit a completed application and supporting documentation
- Applicant must provide an itemized budget
Awards will be made directly to the individual. The value of this award is $500.