NOTE: Fees for Certification Renewals, Trainer Certification Maintenance, and SNS Credential Maintenance can now be submitted online. You will need to select your renewal / maintenance option in the Shopping Cart. Individuals submitting fees (SNA Members and Non-Members) must log-in to receive the applicable rates.
NEW Questions? E-mail your inquiries to email@example.com.
Certification: In A Few Easy Steps! (pdf)
A guide to approved Core Courses
Become Nationally Certified with SNA Certification Program
Do it for you! Do it for your community! Do it for your students!
SNA develops and encourages the highest standards in school nutrition programs and provides educational opportunities to ensure the professional development of its members. SNA’s Certification Program is based on the standards of practice and indicators in the Keys to Excellence in School Food and Nutrition Programs that define nationally accepted standards for quality programs.
Why Should You Become Certified?
With new professional standards coming from USDA, it’s more important than ever to invest in training and education. Getting certified with SNA will give you a head start to prepare yourself for professional standards.
Becoming SNA certified adds credibility to your position and to your school's program.
- Increase your knowledge and skills of food safety and nutrition to create a healthy school environment.
- Enhance your professional image with parents, children & school administrators.
- Stay current on issues concerning school nutrition initiatives.
- Demonstrate commitment to your profession.
- Provide a career ladder you can use to advance in the field from assistant, to cook, to manager, to director.
SNA’s Certification Program is recognized as a leader in the child nutrition industry. SNA is dedicated to:
- Developing and encouraging the highest standards in school nutrition programs.
- Providing educational opportunities to ensure the professional development of certified professionals.
- Encouraging life-long learning.
Click on How Do You Become Certified? To see the initial certification requirements and application form.